|Underweight||Normal Weight||Overweight||Obesity Class 1||Obesity Class 2||Morbidly Obese|
|Less than 18.5 BMI||18.5 – 24.9 BMI||25 – 29.9 BMI||30 – 34.9 BMI||35 – 39.9 BMI||40 and over BMI|
What does my BMI mean?
- Your body mass index (BMI) is a ratio of your weight (in pounds) to your height (in inches). It is a quick and non-invasive screening tool to measure and track body size.
- Your BMI does not take into account muscle mass, gender, or ethnicity.
- Your BMI is one of the tools we use to decide what type of weight loss interventions are best for you. We also take into consideration your weight history, other medical conditions, lifestyle, and age when determining the best weight loss methods.
What do I qualify for, based on my BMI?
- Your BMI is just one of many factors we consider when deciding what weight loss measures are best; however, based on your BMI you MAY qualify for the following:
- If your BMI is between 25 and 29.9, some of the options available to you may be physician assisted weight loss programs such as medications, or dietary assistance with our staff Clinical Dietitian and plans like New Directions. Other non-surgical methods may be available as well.
- If your BMI is between 30 and 39.9, some of the options available to you may include the non-surgical Orbera intra-gastric balloon, sleeve gastrectomy, or gastric bypass, in addition to a consultation with our staff Clinical Dietitian.
- If your BMI is over 40, you may qualify for surgical options such as sleeve gastrectomy or gastric bypass, as well as non-surgical options like medication and dietary services.