“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” ~Jim Rohn
Listen to your body. What is it telling you? Are you well? Are you not? Listen. Most of the time, we take self-care for granted because we have so much to do. We say sleep can wait, rest can wait, exercise can wait, healthy eating can wait – because those things take up too much of your time. You want to be productive, so you list what you need to do, leaving self-care last on the list. Realize that if you don’t take care of you, all the energy you have right now will not last very long – and that is not very productive in the long run.
Ask yourself, are you really doing more now? Have you invested enough in yourself so you can enjoy today’s hard work in the future?
Listen to your body. What does it need? Living healthy is the best you can do to enjoy life now and in the future. Don’t delay it. If other people can do it, so can you!
Don’t know where to start? We understand the decision to undertake weight loss surgery is a major step and not one to be taken lightly. Some individuals arrive at Anchorage Bariatrics following years of contemplating bariatric surgery. Others step through our front door urged by their primary care physician. Whatever your motivation, once you check into our office, you become our patient and we all keep your best interests paramount. Contact us!
Bariatric Surgery Prep
Part of preparing for bariatric surgery is assessing whether the procedure is the most appropriate avenue for each patient and, if so, whether the patient is prepared to undertake the journey.
A few of the steps along the journey may include:
- Medical tests, such as lab testing
- Medical appointments that include discussions and physical exams
- Attending bariatric support groups
- Meeting with our dietician
- Undergoing a psychological evaluation
More info on our website! www.anchoragebariatrics.com
How to Stay Positive: 11 Smart Habits
1. Find the optimistic viewpoint in a negative situation.
2. Cultivate and live in a positive environment.
3. Go slowly.
4. Don’t make a mountain out of a molehill.
5. Don’t let vague fears hold you back from doing what you want.
6. Add value and positivity to someone else’s life.
7. Exercise regularly and eat and sleep well.
8. Learn to take criticism in a healthy way.
9. If something still gets under your skin, then know what to do.
10. Start your day in a positive way.
11. Mindfully move through your day.
Learn more! >> https://www.positivityblog.com/how-to-stay-positive/