Are you interested in having bariatric surgery before the end of the year to maximize your insurance benefits? Don’t delay! It can take several months to navigate the insurance requirements and get you scheduled for your surgery. It is important to start the process now so we can do our best to get you to surgery before year-end. Call us today at 907-644-8446 so you can beat that December deadline!
No Need to Travel to Mexico!
For some, bariatric surgery is the best solution for weight loss. However, it can be expensive, so many may choose to travel outside of the country, perhaps to Mexico, to get their surgery. If you’re one of these people, we have great news for you!
At Anchorage Bariatrics, we deliver world-class bariatric surgery services and are dedicated to providing our patients with the best possible care near you, so you don’t have to travel to Mexico to find a great deal on surgery. If you are considering bariatric surgery, Anchorage Bariatrics is the perfect choice for you right here in Alaska.
Medical tourism is the term for traveling abroad to obtain inexpensive or less expensive healthcare for procedures like bariatric surgery. While all surgeries come with risks, the CDC recognizes issues that can increase your risk of complications by traveling to another country to have these procedures done such as:
- Infectious disease: wound infections, bloodstream infections, donor-derived infections, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, HIV
- Antibiotic resistance: highly drug-resistant bacteria have caused infectious disease outbreaks among medical tourists
- Quality of care: requirements for maintaining licensure, credentialing, and accreditation may be less than what would be required in the United States
- Communication challenges: receiving care at a facility where you do not speak the language fluently could lead to misunderstandings about your care
- Air travel: flying after surgery can increase the risk for blood clots and it is important to include your airfare in the overall cost of traveling to have the surgery in another country
At Anchorage Bariatrics, we believe that everyone deserves access to quality bariatric surgery services. That’s why we offer the most sought-after procedures at an affordable cost. We also have a team of highly skilled medical professionals who are dedicated to providing the best possible care to our patients. To learn more, click HERE.
Click here to listen to Dr. Clark explain who qualifies for bariatric surgery.
Beginner/Low Impact 10-Minute Workout
Easy moves that will get your heart rate up in a fun, gentle way. 10 minutes, beginner level, no equipment workout by Jolie Della Valle.
Ingredients:6-8 slices Watermelon
3 tablespoons Honey
2 tablespoons Lime juice
1 tablespoon Mint Leaves, chopped
Add the watermelon to the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until slightly charred.
In a small bowl add the honey, lime juice, and the zest of one lime. Stir until combined.
Drizzle on top of the watermelon, garnish with chopped mint leaves and serve immediately.