Too busy to do something big for losing weight? There’s no magic for that, but there are some things that you can do to help you not gain more. Simple tweaks in your daily life that would not exactly give you the results of a complete workout or diet, but would help you maintain your current weight or make small losses:
- Chew more. Take smaller bites. Eating fast will make you gain more weight because you tend to eat more before feeling full.
- Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep releases hormones that make you crave high-sugar foods and make it difficult to resist.
- Don’t eat in front of the TV. Your brain is preoccupied with the TV program so eating becomes secondary and before you know it, that pizza is all gone.
- Drink plenty of water. Dehydration signals are the same as hunger signals.
- Relax. Our body releases a stress hormone called cortisol when we are stressed and the only way to tame it is by eating comfort foods.
Little things could lead up to big things. Make taking care of your body a habit – start with these!
If you would like more information about how Anchorage Bariatrics can help you with a customized weight loss solution, or would like to attend a free informational seminar, please call us at 907-644-THIN.
Wide Leg Squats
Stand with feet wider than shoulders, knees slightly bent, toes turned outward. Hold a weight with both hands in front of your body.
INHALE: Squat until thighs are nearly parallel to the floor, sticking butt out as if sitting in a chair.
EXHALE: Squeeze glutes as you straighten legs to starting position to complete one rep.
Keep abs contracted. Make sure knees do not pass the line of the toes.
Quads, Glutes, Inner thigh
Did you know?
Eating a small, lean cut of red meat a couple of times per week can be very nutritious and beneficial to weight loss, thanks to the high amounts of protein and other essential nutrients.