- Underweight: BMI is less than 18
- Normal weight: BMI is 18 to 25
- Overweight: BMI is 26 to 30
- Obese: BMI is 31 or more
- If your BMI is between 25 and 29.9, some of the options available to you may be physician assisted weight loss programs such as medications or dietary assistance with a staff clinical dietitian and dietary plans. Other non-surgical methods may be available as well.
- If your BMI is between 30 and 39.9, some of the options available to you may include the non-surgical intra-gastric balloon, sleeve gastrectomy, or gastric bypass, in addition to a consultation with a staff clinical dietitian.
- If your BMI is over 40, you may qualify for surgical options such as sleeve gastrectomy or gastric bypass, as well as non-surgical options like medication and dietary services.
Want to check out our BMI Calculator?
Click here to visit our BMI Calculator page. It’s easy and fast! Simply enter your weight (in pounds) and height (in inches), let it know you’re not a robot by clicking the captcha, and click on the blue Calculate BMI button. Your results will pop up along with options you may qualify for. Remember, BMI is just one of many factors we consider when deciding what weight loss measures are best for you!
Click HERE to listen to Dr. Sean Lee discuss the non-surgical weight loss options that are available at Anchorage Bariatrics.
Do you have questions about non-surgical weight loss? Our professionals might just have the answer you’re looking for!
Click here to visit our new Non-Surgical FAQ Videos page on our website. Our staff will address some of the most frequently asked questions in regards to non-surgical weight loss.
Do you have questions about surgical weight loss? Our professionals might just have the answer for that, too!
Click here to visit our new Surgical FAQ Videos page on our website. Our staff will address some of the most frequently asked questions in regards to surgical weight loss.
Still have a question? That’s easy, too!
Contact us here or call us at 907-644-8446.