Where’s that weight coming from? It’s not always food and lack of exercise. Here are 3 other reasons why you might be gaining weight.
1. Hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism is having low levels of the thyroid hormone which is responsible for metabolism. A low hormone level means a slow metabolism.
2. Fluid retention. This is the build up of fluid in the body that can be caused by natural factors such as physical inactivity but can also be a symptom of a serious health issue. This causes swelling and rapid weight gain.
3. Insulin therapy. When you have diabetes, the insulin in your body is low. Insulin helps the body absorb sugar and converts it to energy. Your body naturally produces the amount of insulin it needs for energy. If you take more glucose than your body needs, the extra glucose will not be converted to energy but will be stored as fat – thus the weight gain.
These are just three of the many things that might be causing you to gain weight. There are natural ways to level out these imbalances so give us a call and we can help you get on the right track!
If you would like more information about how Anchorage Bariatrics can help you with a customized weight loss solution, would like to attend a free informational seminar, please call us at 907-644-THIN.
Consider Low-Impact Workouts
Low-impact exercises are an effective way to keep the body in good shape (if done correctly) without having to worry about your joints or other injuries that may result from high impact exercises. These exercises are easier on the body but still get the job done. Here are 7 examples of low-impact workouts:
- Climbing Stairs
- Rowing a boat
- Tai Chi
- Swimming (Fact: Swimming in cold water burns double the fat)
If you want to take it easy on your body, try some of these low-impact exercises. It’s easy on the heart, the joints and the mind.
Moringa Oleifera is a vegetable. It’s got plenty of health benefits and is known all over the world as a miracle plant. Some benefits of eating moringa are:
1. Suppresses appetite
3. Eliminates constipation
4. Strengthens immune system
It is rich in Iron, Vitamin C, Potassium, Protein, Vitamin A and Calcium.