From our entire team here at Anchorage Bariatrics, we’re wishing you, your friends and family the most wonderful of holiday seasons yet! We have so much to be thankful for over this past year, and as we take a moment to reflect on how many people we have helped begin their journeys towards happier, healthier lives, we are humbled to be a part of this growing community of Alaskans supporting one another.
Please feel free to forward and share these newsletters with your network, and reply to email@example.com if you would like to be added to our mailing list.
If you would like more information about how Anchorage Bariatrics can help you with a customized weight loss solution, or would like to attend a free informational seminar, please call us at 907-644-THIN.
Almost any type of physical activity you do counts as exercise. Here are some great holiday activities that qualify as calorie-burners:
- Walking the mall while shopping for gifts
- Wrapping gifts (bonus, put on some music and dance while you do it!)
- Cooking (ditto on the music bonus!)
- Decorating the house (think of all those flights of stairs hauling decorations from the attic and then walking around putting them up inside and out)
- Have a dance party with the family after Christmas dinner
- Play musical chairs at the dining room table
Quinoa: Here’s a rarity – quinoa is not only a whole grain, it’s also a complete protein. So in addition to all those whole-grain advantages – fiber, lower heart disease and diabetes risk – it also contains all the amino acids necessary for building muscle and upping metabolism. Swap in quinoa anytime rice would do. Or use it to create a different kind of veggie burger.