Slim. Fit. Happy.
By cutting calories in small places at each meal, by the end of the day you’ll end up with big reductions that you probably won’t even notice! Here are some tips on how to swap out food and drinks for their lower calorie versions.
- Replace your morning glass of regular juice with a glass of lite or reduced-sugar juice
- Switch out 1 ounce (oz) of cooked pork bacon for 1 oz of Canadian bacon
- Trade 1⁄4 cup (C) of regular pancake syrup for 1⁄4 C of lite pancake syrup
- Replace 2 fluid ounces (fl oz) of flavored coffee creamer with 2 fl oz of 2% milk
- Replace 1 C of a cream-based soup with 1 C of a broth-based soup
- Skip the cheese on your burger, sandwich, or salad
- Choose carbonated fruit-flavored water, instead of regular soda
- Trade a 6-oz cup of yogurt with fruit on the bottom for a 4-oz cup of lite yogurt blended with fruit
- Make your tacos with 3 oz of grilled chicken breast, instead of 3 oz of 85% lean ground beef
- Choose one slice of thin-crust cheese pizza, instead of a slice of pepperoni pan pizza (one piece is measured as one-eighth of a 14′′ pizza)
- Replace either smoked pork or beef sausage with either smoked turkey or chicken sausage
- Replace 2 tablespoons (Tbsp) of salted stick butter with 2 Tbsp of a reduced-calorie margarine spread
- Choose 1⁄2 C of black beans, instead of refried beans, when preparing Mexican food
Our next Support Group is Wednesday, November 1 and the topic will be Obstructive Sleep Apnea & Sleep Hygiene presented by Dr. Ross Dodge of Peak Neurology. Support groups are FREE and open to everyone! The meeting will be from 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM in the Willow Room (adjacent to the cafeteria) at Providence Hospital. Click here to register!
If you would like more information about how Anchorage Bariatrics can help you with a customized weight loss solution, would like to attend a free informational seminar, or our Monthly Support Group, please call us at 907-644-THIN.