Visit Our Clinical Dietitian
Anchorage Bariatrics’s clinical dietitian, Erika Van Calcar, MS, RDN, LDN, is here to help you reach all of your weight loss and general health goals. She will make sure you receive a well-balanced diet while undergoing weight loss treatment, whether surgical or non-surgical. Erika works with you to review your diet and any behavior requirements necessary to meet the guidelines of your weight loss plan. She also works to advance your post-op diet and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
- Erika will meet you where you currently are and work on achievable steps to get you to your goal
- Learn how to eat real foods and ditch the “diet mentality”
- Develop a healthier relationship with food and learn skills that will last a lifetime
- Feel better and have more energy by learning how to feed your body what it needs
- Have better surgical outcomes, improved and sustained post-op weight loss
- Information, advice and plans are evidenced based, not based on the latest fads
- Erika has over a decade of experience helping people just like you!
For surgical patients, most will have 1 or 2 pre-op consultations followed by 1 or 2 post-op consultations (or more if your insurance allows).
For non-surgical patients, visits can be arranged through a referral from your primary care doctor. While we check insurance coverage for bariatric patients, we don’t with individuals who are referred directly, so please check with your insurance company to see if, and how much, your insurance will cover. Please note that Medicaid and Medicare are not accepted; however, a cash payment plan is available.
Additional services offered include consultations for general nutrition and weight loss, diabetes, general health questions, and food allergies.